WELCOME TO SEAIFF 2019 SUBMISSIONS.
Here are the necessary steps to submit your Feature Film:
- Comply with preselection conditions
- Fill out the Entry Form online
- Send us your Feature Film to the address in the end of the Entry Form. If your Feature Film (in HDCAM / DCP / BETA / DVD / Blu-ray) is sent through an express parcel service your package should read “For cultural purposes only” and “No commercial value”. For any materials sent by express parcel service, payment for delivery must have been made in full, including any duty and taxes. Otherwise, the Festival reserves the right not to accept the package. It is also possible to make delivery in person or by courier. (Please check our office hours in advance.)
- If your Feature Film is selected for SEAIFF, you must comply with our rules and regulations
- The nomination(s) your Feature Film will be contending for will be defined by SEAIFF 2019 Jury.
REGISTRATION OF FILMS FOR THE 2019 SELECTION WILL BE OPEN ON JULY 01, 2019 and closed on SEPTEMBER 15, 2019.
SEAIFF 2019 MARKETPLACE: Film vendors and producers can have their Feature Films screened during SEAIFF for a fee. These Feature Films will not contend for any nominations and awards. Stay tuned for updates.
Only Feature Films that meet the following conditions may be submitted for consideration by the Jury of SEAIFF 2019:
- Films that have been produced during the twelve months preceding the Festival
- Films whose distribution is limited to their country of origin
- Films that have not been shown on the Internet or released on DVD
- Films that have duration over 60 minutes
- Films that have English subtitles if the language of the film is other than English
Irrespective of the equipment used for shooting the Feature Film (mini DV, super 8, 35mm…), only the following will be accepted for the preselection:
- 35mm film print
- HDCAM / HDCAM-SR
- DCP (Digital Cinema Package): Server JPEG 2000 (model DOREMI DCP 2K4)
- The server reads only JPEG 2000 files. Available connections: CRU bay, e-Sata, USB.
- Once your submission is complete, contact the Submissions Department at email@example.com for the server certificate and for details of how to send your KDM.
- Beta SP (Pal, NTSC) or Digital Beta (Pal, NTSC)
- Blu-ray Disc + 1 standard DVD (if you send a Blu-ray you must also send us a standard DVD of the film).
- DVD (Standard)
Please send your film once only and in one format only.
APPLICATION AND SCREENING FEE FOR THE PRESELECTION OF FEATURE FILMS
- DVD standard or Blu-ray Disc: USD 50 all taxes included.
- Beta (SP or Digital): USD 150 all taxes included.
- 35mm film print: USD 200 all taxes included
- DCP (Digital Cinema Package): USD 300 all taxes included.
- HDCAM / HDCAM-SR: USD 350 all taxes included
MEANS OF PAYMENT
After passed the submission process.
Payment validates the completion of registration.
All payments must be made in USD.
The materials may be picked up directly from the SEAIFF office within 2 weeks after the festival wrap.
IF YOUR FILM IS SELECTED.
You will be contacted before the official press conference, which will take place towards mid-September 2019.
You must supply us either with a DCP (Digital Cinema Package), a JPEG 2000 file or a 35mm print.